Microphone wiring

monkeybizz

Hey guys, well my Z ICE is coming along nicely. After buying an after marker HU i realsied the BT Adaptor (thansk sarnie) doest work anymore.

So i have bought a BT kit for my head unit and was wondering if it would be possible to wire the external microphone to the old microphone wiring and therfore making use of the original mic.

Any help or direction much appreciated.

Having spoken to my ICE installer and dealer I think the short and unfortunate answer on this is no. It's all integrated into the head unit so don't think it can be done. Unless someone on here has any light to shed.....

the microphone is not integrated into the headunit, so surely you could bypass the microphone cables from the roof mounted trim (black plastic trim in front of the interior lights..) and wire these microphone cables to the microphone input of the aftermarket mike...

I am not sure on the electrics, how or where the cables run through... and if the specification (ohms impedance or whatever it is... :wacko: ) of the mike will have any effect...

but there must be some wiring going from the roof , maybe not even to the head unit ( you don't need to hear it..) , but maybe going to the handsfeee kit directly...

But these are only my unresearched opinions... :blush: