Clutch pedal issue

98duffa

hi all i have had a read this is just to confirm, as i was driving home today i noticed my clutch pedal travel goes halfway down before any pressure, also upon getting to the bite when pulling away it is fine but then straight after the bite the pedal springs up just after. Im presuming the slave is prob the issue or is it master or something else cheers all

Fitted a new Nissan slave cylinder, uprated hose and uprated high temp fluid, did a long journey all seemed ok until near my home and then again there was a lot of freeplay at the start of pressing the peadal and the bite was lower upon releasing as before it was near the top and then straight after the bite the freeplay. as i actually got to my home the amount of freeplay gad reduced to nearly nothing again, any ideas?

As said before, more than likely you have not got all the air out the hydraulic system, however if you have it will be the master cyl. Best to bleed again following the proper Nissan recommended bleed procedure. A very small amount of trapped air will give you the symptoms that you are experiencing trust me. Alex. :)