Double din for around £120

N4eay

Cheers, saw that today funnily enough! Looked fairly good for the money, not fussed about touch screen. My main reasons for upgrading was decent connectivity, have you noticed much improvement in sound quality / performance? Thanks

14N and myself have fitted an Alpine CDE-W235BT ( £140 from Halfords ) and found it to be excellent value for money. Just requires a fitting kit which I got from incartec.

What fitting kit did you buy? Also, does it work with the steering wheel controls and phone button?

The main reason I upgraded was because my Bose was suffering from the dreaded hiccups. Kept original speakers and amps. Far superior sound now especially after doing Busters wiring mod regarding the RCA plugs. The fitting kit you need depends on what setup you have at the minute. There is a step by step guide on the incartec website. My steering wheel controls work as before the only diff being the phone button now changes the head unit mode. Halfords had another Alpine unit ( CDE-W233R ) available I store for £50. The only diff with this unit is that their is no Bluetooth.

The main reason I upgraded was because my Bose was suffering from the dreaded hiccups. Kept original speakers and amps. Far superior sound now especially after doing Busters wiring mod regarding the RCA plugs. The fitting kit you need depends on what setup you have at the minute. There is a step by step guide on the incartec website. My steering wheel controls work as before the only diff being the phone button now changes the head unit mode. Halfords had another Alpine unit ( CDE-W233R ) available I store for £50. The only diff with this unit is that their is no Bluetooth.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I saw that one on HUKD today but it isn't in stock local to me. I'd like one that worked with the phone button on the steering wheel so it has a purpose again.

Understand. Saw the HUKD too. Haven't had the chance to setup my phone yet but the phone button on the steering wheel now changes the head unit mode from cd to radio etc.

Ah ok. It's a shame you can't change the phone icon on the steering wheel to look like a source button then haha.

TBH It has not annoyed me at all. Excellent unit for the price. I don't even feel any need to change the standard speakers/amplifiers. I'm more than happy with it for the price. I think you will get the same reply if you want to pm 14N.

I think I'll go for that headunit. Do you know what cables I would need from the link below to get it completely working? Also, would I need the facia too?

http://incartec.co.uk/nissan/1929/1034/2058/111/Browser.aspx

Edited by STRBramley

Excellent choice. Yes you will need a facia. For my Bose 03 Z I bought a fitting kit ( includes facia ) FK-256. Didn't need an aerial adaptor. If your Z is Bose 06 onwards I reckon you will need a facia (50-306D) and a steering control interface (29-674). Not sure if you will need an aerial adaptor. Will depend on type of socket on back of your Bose unit. I ordered the kit over the phone and the people at Incartec were very helpful. Don't forget to do Buster's wiring mod when fitting. Pm me if you need any advice.

Excellent choice. Yes you will need a facia. For my Bose 03 Z I bought a fitting kit ( includes facia ) FK-256. Didn't need an aerial adaptor. If your Z is Bose 06 onwards I reckon you will need a facia (50-306D) and a steering control interface (29-674). Not sure if you will need an aerial adaptor. Will depend on type of socket on back of your Bose unit. I ordered the kit over the phone and the people at Incartec were very helpful. Don't forget to do Buster's wiring mod when fitting. Pm me if you need any advice.

Mine is the 2004 model so I think I would need the same part as you. It's hard to tell from the head unit photos on their website. So I think I will need the kit you mentioned from here. http://incartec.co.uk/nissan/1929/1034/2058/78/Browser.aspx

What is the busters wiring mod?