High Erratic Idle, 2007 Coupe. 70k mileage

Martinjj

Update:

The mechanic/s at the dealers have thrown in the towel on this one, Throttle bodies have been swapped over and check out ok, No vacuum leak can be found and still no error code/light thrown out via the CEL or by the dealers diagnostics. It is now booked into Nissan to go onto the Consult tomorrow. Dealer did say on the telephone that the mechanic is going down the path of the ECU being corrupted somehow and needing a reflash.

That car has an ECU issue I can say the throttle bodies where cleaned (butterflies) pushed open and this corrupts the ECU we have seen a few times.

The idle speed control isn't controlled by the re programmable EPROM the one we remap.

We can get this fixed thou we do need to send the ECU away thou.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update 07/072014.

Just had the phone call i have been waiting for from the dealer, the car is now running as it should do, no surging at idle etc. I am unsure of what had to be done other than the fact the ECU had to be sent overseas which has caused the delay in updating this thread.

Many thanks to Mark @ Abbey Motorsport LTD.

We have to send the ECU to be reprogrammed;

There are 2 Eprom chips in the ECU 1 controls idle and NATS the other everything else.

If you move the butterflies on the Throttle bodies WITHOUT disconnecting the ECU and Throttle body plugs it corrupts the IDLE/NATS EPROM. This is what causes the bad idle, we can have this Eprom reprogrammed but you lose the NATS in the your ECU.

so please disconnect the battery and TB wiring plugs when you clean your throttle bodies please.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s
  • Like 1