Possible zed on the horizon

Hey fowks, a wee update on the z hunting.

I was at the nissan dealership in barrhead on friday. Really doing my nosey at one of the few dealer cars listed online right now for sale in the glasgow area.

it was a 57 gt with the sat nav etc. They wanted £10500, out my price range as I intend on just paying cash for the car I choose.

My point though I am hooked!

The sales chap and me were out for just under an hour. Thoroughly enjoyed being behind the wheel of one again.

I have been reading on here how a clutch should probably have been replaced somewhere between 40-80k miles, I was told this was nonsense...

also that a transmission fluid change should happen around this time.... was told this was a non serviceable item.

Can anyone confirm to me that these are true because I'd rather trust guys running the cars than a sales boy in a dealership?

Now as i've pointed out my budget was between 6-8 grand for a car. I've noticed a lot of imports going really cheap with good spec and very low miles.

From the old top gear review I remember that the suspension setup is supposedly not top knotch for our roads but is there any other mechanical difference?

Also other than the resale value not being as good, is there any other main reason for going against an import?

Im not too bothered about a lesser resale value if I pay less in the first instance.

Cheers guys... Im on the hunt!

The sales boy is kind of right. I'm on my original clutch at 85K miles and still seems fine. Transmission fluid according to Nissan is non servicable but most owners change it anyway.

Good luck with the search :thumbs:

Thanks chaps for the info on the clutch good to hear that if treated well it can last.

Anyone got any thoughts on the imports?

Is there any mechanical differences that parts may not be attainable in the uk?

I notice also that the prices of zeds can be quite varied.

See similar models spec mileage and condition with sometimes up to around £3000 difference. :scare: