the dreded roof

zebedy

Ok had the roadster a few days now which I bought knowing it had a tempremental roof. Sometimes going up sometimes not, sometimes closing sometimes not. Anyway over the last two days the roof wont go down at all. I start the car, foot on brake and open the lever. Then press the button. I hear a pop and the rear part of the hood disengages but that it. Prior to this the windows do drop down and the seat runs forward. then pop, engarge then nothing. Any idea guys??? I know the sprockets on the motors are well greases as I checked these during the purchase. Are there any experts in South Wales that you could reccoment other that Nissan dealerships.

Im starting to get a pi**ed off with the car but as I know its common problem Im willing to forgive her and stick this one out and hopefull be an easy fix.

cheers in advance

Nige

Check the fuses in the Drivers footwell, I had the same issue after fitting the Flyboy motor module and it turned out I had managed to blow the roof motor fuse, can't remember off the top of my head which fuse it was I'm afraid and be prepared to get annoyed as they are a nightmare to get at.

Nothing that's not been mentioned on here, the main one being the roof doesn't like the cold, handbook says don't open it if the temp is under 5 degrees but in reality its closer to 10 unless you get the cabin really warm before hand. Flyboy motor module should have read as Flyboy door mirror module which is a module sold by one of the members, Flyboy, that makes the door mirrors fold in when you lock the car, really good easy mod.