Coolant problem

balla

Car has been dry stored over winter with intention of changeing all fluids when ready to come back out.

Come to put coolant in and well basically it's not flowing I've had the thermostat out and checked that it opens but don't know how far it should open, or if there is a procedure to filling it up

Any help would be appreciated

If you look online for the 350z fsm it'll give you a link to the service manual. In there it has the procedure for emptying and refilling the coolant plus the bleeding procedure.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/350Z/

That's the one I followed when I dropped the coolant from the radiator and then had to fill it back up.

I did find the thermostat wasn't opening until the car was properly warmed up as I suppose it should. Once the fans are on I found the lower radiator hose got hot since the thermostat had opened as expected.

I've let the temp get up to just below half I know it never seemed to get hot before, the reason I'm Questioning it is because the bottom rad hose and the rad are stone cold when the fans cut in, obviously I don't want to cause damage to the car so just hopeing some one has had the same problem

Thanks for the link

No worries. Yer I find on mine once the fans are on and the temp is just below half way then the thermostat opens because the bottom hose and radiator get hot. I've not had the problem but dare say someone else will have and will know the solution :)