Fingerprint Immobiliser

M13KYF

Hows about the imobilisers that have a secret button somwhere in the car, that if not pressed within 30 seconds, the car dies.

That lets the theives take your car, with the keys, so you dont get hurt and the theives get what they want, but then half a mile down the road, the car dies.

Or you could do what I do.....

Take the keys upstairs to bed, and have one of these behind the headboard...

katana%20i%20slire.jpg

The one above isn't mine, mines a 41" Black and White (Kill Billstyle) design.

have any of you guys thought of or have fitted tracker to your Zeds? as i'm hoping for an 06 in april, i'll naturally be very protective of her. i read on here also that there are not many Zeds in circulation (thank goodness or you might as well buy a TT :D ). surely this will make them a desirable prospect to potential thieves? i don't know if this is making a mountain out of a molehill and you can use it and park it anywhere in real life. opinions please?

I have mixed thoughts about trackers...

If the vehicle is going to be completely written off, then yes, a tracker would speed up the process of locating the vehicle and getting your claim sorted, as you wont have to wait for it to be located by the police, or given up on after a few weeks.

If however, the theives take the car and smash it or thrash it to a stage where it is damaged, but repairable - would you want it back? Or would you rather it not be found until you have had your total loss payout?

If my car gets stolen, I dont want it back, as it will be marked as a stolen recovered, and god knows what may have happened to the engine if they have given it some real abuse... If it has a tracker, you stand more chance of getting it back and having to have it repaired and put back on the road.

I've taken out a form of GAP insurace, whereby if my car is a total loss in the first four years, the difference between what the insurance company pays out and the price I paid for the car (the depreciation effectivley) is made up - so if it is stolen I deffinitley dont want it back, as Ill be able to afford a brand new one if it is a total loss.

So swings and roundabouts really. Im not anywhere near as paranoid about the car being stolen as am about it being dented by some ignoramus and their door in a car park.:scare:

I have mixed thoughts about trackers...

If the vehicle is going to be completely written off, then yes, a tracker would speed up the process of locating the vehicle and getting your claim sorted, as you wont have to wait for it to be located by the police, or given up on after a few weeks.

If however, the thieves take the car and smash it or thrash it to a stage where it is damaged, but repairable - would you want it back? Or would you rather it not be found until you have had your total loss payout?

If my car gets stolen, I dont want it back, as it will be marked as a stolen recovered, and god knows what may have happened to the engine if they have given it some real abuse... If it has a tracker, you stand more chance of getting it back and having to have it repaired and put back on the road.

I've taken out a form of GAP insurace, whereby if my car is a total loss in the first four years, the difference between what the insurance company pays out and the price I paid for the car (the depreciation effectivley) is made up - so if it is stolen I deffinitley dont want it back, as Ill be able to afford a brand new one if it is a total loss.

So swings and roundabouts really. Im not anywhere near as paranoid about the car being stolen as am about it being dented by some ignoramus and their door in a car park.:scare:

Agree with Chris. Wouldn't want the car back after its been nicked and ragged to a inch of its life.

For this reason I prefer Blackjax. Excellent immobiliser which shuts down the car if the revs go above 1500rpm or after 20 seconds unless a code has been entered. Also prevents car jacking.