spray painting window wipers and centre console

drginger

Hello!

Just wondering if anybody could give me some tips.

For the wipers I'm going to take them off, rub down well, primer and matt black paint.

Was thinking of just getting it from halfords, will this be ok or do I need an exterior grade paint? Also how many layers?

As for the centre console, I was thinking of not rubbing it down as I don't want to lose the texture on the surface or is this a bad idea?

Again will the same matt black paint I use for the wipers be alright for the console?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian.

For the wipers there are plenty of threads on here

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/74417-windscreen-wiper-arms-respray/

I used halfords grey primer and satin black.

The more thin layers the better, but if you put loads of layers on its best to wet send more often. Think I probably used 4 primer coats and 4 paint coats with no clear coat.

Some of mine has chipped off (only very small parts) but it was the first time I'd sprayed anything and I did it in an unheated garage in the middle of winter so the prep wasn't the best.

I've not seen any decent threads on spraying the centre console that contain 'after' pictures. I've got a few small marks on mine, I was going to try touching up the ones that are hardly visible with a range of grey marker pens over the weekend. Not expecting amazing results just trying to make them marks less visible. I'll take some shots along the way.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link mate that's a good write up.

Cheers for the tips too I will definitely be doing the wiper arms soon!

Still undecided about the console, would be interested to see your touch up results though.