Dash Rattle After Windscreen Replacement - Advice Needed

Chris`I

Hey chaps (and chappettes),

As some of you will have read, I recently cracked my windscreen. Now I took it over to RAC today who replaced without a hitch, or so it seems. The chap that did it seemed very nice and knew his stuff, explaining everything and said the works covered for (I think) 3 yrs, and if I have a prob come back and see them. Now the car looked perfect, made sure I gave it the once over before I left, very happy with it. The problem came when driving home. It appears the dash has developed a new rattle on the passenger side, but its very intermittent and only occurs at certain speeds, above 40MPH and on less than perfect road. Now this rattle was most definately not there before I took it in this morning.

What do you think I should do? Should I take it back to RAC, or take it Nissan? I already need to take it to Nissan for another dash rattle on the drivers side, and was thinking that replacing the screen may have just loosened the whole lot off. Its just I have a feeling that the chap at RAC will say its nothing to do with him and dont want to waste my time chasing them to do somehting if they wont.

HELP! :headhurt:

Unforunately I wasnt there to see, I went for a wander :doh: I did return to find that the remove the panel above the drivers window which forms the A-pillar though, which looked scary!

Anyone know if any dash or surrounding trim needs taking off? I did find my cubby hole open when I returned and that was shut to start with! Probably coincidence but I need the facts before I approach the RAC man :)

I'm fairly certain that they don't need to remove the dash, they do remove the screen surrounding plastics on the interior but not the dash.

It may be that a clip on one of these has snapped and hasn't been replaced and is sounding like its coming from the dash.

Bah! OK then, guess as its going to stealers anyway for a dash rattle on the drivers side, I will inform them to sort the one on the passenger side too. Will obviously check the A-pillar trim and see if theres anything wrong with that too.

Cheers guys, just wasnt sure what they would have removed and if they could have broken anything.