Changing the Gearbox oil

Dicky

I've got to do my servicing on the back lawn as it's the only part of the plot that's flat. As you guess this brings with it problems if you need to jack the car up.

I've used planks laid on the grass that I run along then up the ramps sat at the end, that works fine and gives good access for a lot of jobs.

Anyway I can't jack the back of the car up safely to get it level when filling the gearbox up again. Anyone else have this problem and come up with some lateral thinking to overcome it.

Get the garage to do it I hear you say....LOL

I did, one each side and stood them on blocks of wood. Just as well I looked before getting under cos having jacked and supported one side then jacked and supported the other they were lying over slightly and by the I looked and checked again they were at 30 deg and fell off just as I got the trolly jack out the way. Close shave. Not doing that again.

Probably have to get the garage involved after all. It's a buggar when you don't have the facilities.

I would never get under a car jacked on planks off wood . As the grass is not a safe floor to hold the jacks and axel stands . I would not risk my life :-) use a mates drive way if I was you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right and I'll certainly not risk it again. The ramps work fine.

• Like 1

No, oem plug is normal plug. I got magnetic one off eBay for like £3 lol

Cheers young man. I had thought it was an industry standard to have magnetic drain plugs. I'll look out on eBay for one too.

No, oem plug is normal plug. I got magnetic one off eBay for like £3 lol

Cheers young man. I had thought it was an industry standard to have magnetic drain plugs. I'll look out on eBay for one too.

Just search on eBay for "M12x1.25 magnetic sump plug" and you find it for few quid! If you search for 350z magnetic sump plug - they are like £15 for same thing :thumbs: