considering buying a 350z with 91,000 on the clock ! help !

lewistaylo111

Having just bought mine at 89k I had a slightly different philosophy, I went in knowing in all likelihood I would need to replace exhaust, brakes etc. and as expected this has proven to be true, I am also treating it to a full set of oil changes, belts and filters and in reality after all is done I will have a 350z facelift GT roadster in the colours I wanted (gunmetal/orange interior) for around 7.5k. That may seem expensive but my thinking was this, anything I bought from 45k miles upwards would likely need new brakes, probably still need a P3 service and due to age if not mileage maybe a new exhaust at some point in the near future so I could have paid £7-7.5k+ privately and £8.5k+ from a trader and got no more of a warranty (3mths if lucky) and still needing to spend the £1-1.5k replacing the bits I have mentioned on top!

May be seem flawed logic to some but mine came with new tyres, very decent bodywork, refurb end wheels and a FSH and stack load of MOTs and stamps/records to show what had/hadn't been done which some of the less high milers didn't and as one at a trader that I enquired about showed I wouldn't believe anything that was said as it had a steady mileage each year and was sitting at 40k but interestingly they didn't have the last service/MOT info and allegedly it had done 200 miles in the last 23 months, yeah right!!!

Edited by nictry

I looked at more than 10 zeds around the £6k mark, I viewed a 45k car with worn out leathers seats and car park dents, mint cars that had rusty bonnets or poorly resprayed panels etc.

Ended up with a non GT with 84k on the clock and 90% service history, the last few at a private garage. It had been retrimmed in leather too. I paid £5400 and bought it as it had the best bodywork of all the cars I viewed!