What speakers?

fellsteruk

Hi all.

So my next mod is audio, I already have an alpine media centre head unit and speakers and amp are stock the quality of the sound output isn't great and I suspect it's the speakers and amp.

I want to retain the oem look and ideally use the Bose amp as I cannot be bothered changing it however could I get an enhanced sound from just changing speakers or do I really need to replace both.

I don't know a great deal about car audio and I don't need something that would rival a PA system so I would appreciate any suggestions of possible upgrades over the stock speakers and amp.

Thanks

Hi all.

So my next mod is audio, I already have an alpine media centre head unit and speakers and amp are stock the quality of the sound output isn't great and I suspect it's the speakers and amp.

I want to retain the oem look and ideally use the Bose amp as I cannot be bothered changing it however could I get an enhanced sound from just changing speakers or do I really need to replace both.

I don't know a great deal about car audio and I don't need something that would rival a PA system so I would appreciate any suggestions of possible upgrades over the stock speakers and amp.

Thanks

Alreet!

You can stick with the OEM amp but the improvements are marginal. To be honest if you are wanting improved sound quality then replacing the stock speakers with cheap aftermarket speakers through the OEM amp won't give you the end product you desire also. It's all about finding a balance.

First of all, what type of budget are you working with and I can try to point you in the right direction.

Hi all.

Thanks

Alreet!

You can stick with the OEM amp but the improvements are marginal. To be honest if you are wanting improved sound quality then replacing the stock speakers with cheap aftermarket speakers through the OEM amp won't give you the end product you desire also. It's all about finding a balance.

First of all, what type of budget are you working with and I can try to point you in the right direction.

+1

If you can stretch to it do the speakers & amp them.

Even a £200 amp will be so much better than the Bose one.

I got a 4 way JL amp with Hertz speakers, luckily got the speakers 2nd hand the SQ was superb

Sent from the golf club...

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Looking to spend no more than a few hundred quid and want something that will work if I get a newer headunit "in time" as I am kinda happy with my alpine but it's not the easiest to use so may change it.

Will these speakers fit in both the doors and rears and still let me put the covers back so it looks oem. I would like to do speakers, sub and amp but not sure how much I would have to spend to get some better than what I have now, don't need a monster system just something half decent. :)

Hi all and thanks for your help!!! So I have picked the following bits to replace my sub and the front and rear speakers, will all this work together and more importantly will this give me a much better sound quality than what I have now:

Product Name Unit Price Qty Subtotal

Continue Shopping Update Shopping Cart Clear Shopping Cart

Alpine SWG-1044 10" Car Audio Subwoofer

Edit £74.99 £74.99

Remove item

Alpine SXE-1750S

Edit £37.99 £75.98

Remove item

Alpine BBX-F1200 - 4 Channel Amplifier

Edit £89.99 £89.99

Remove item

Also what kind of wires do I need?

Thanks agin for all your help!!!

It'll work but you need coaxial speakers for the rears not components if you want a straight swap. I personally wouldnt bother changing the rears and just run them of the head unit and then use the 4 channel amp to power the fronts and sub.