oIL

flirt

Guest prescience

I would change every 3k miles if FI as you are. You probably have APS oil pan, so that you need about 1l extra IIRC - so you'll need 6l to be on safe side.

Keep to the good spec oils from opie or amsoil i.e. motul, silkolene or amsoil 5w30 or 5w40 probably (I always had 5w30 with my Vortech).

Assume WRCT didn't leave you with much advice to go on then :(

no mate, i was assuming they would be there to ask as I go along.

I'm just had it changed at 2000 miles, mobil 1 0-40 I wnet for. the lads on the my 350z USA site all said to use this.

Next problem is where to service it? And when? :(

Flirt

0W-40 should be fine

As for servicing oil change every 3.5 to 4k and servicing is the same as any other Z. there is no special servicing required if it is a TT.

The only thing to remember is you need 6lt off oil and the air filters are K&N so can be cleaned with an oil kit http://www.knfilters.com/clningacc.htm

Have a word with your local dealer and all should be fine

Mark

Flirt

It would have had 10w60 in it when it left us. You should use this or 10w or 15w50 at the least. Change every 4000 miles or so.

Please ensure that is not overfull ! The old minimum is the new maximum on the dipstick. You have my personal email, use it please and I will always help

Cheers

Allan

Flirt

It would have had 10w60 in it when it left us. You should use this or 10w or 15w50 at the least. Change every 4000 miles or so.

Please ensure that is not overfull ! The old minimum is the new maximum on the dipstick. You have my personal email, use it please and I will always help

Cheers

Allan

Hey Allan,

Appreciate your feedback thank you. Sorry to see your company go.

will the 0w 40 cause me any issues? i made sure the bottom of the dip stick is maximum.

thank you for your continued support.

If its a quality real synthetic then the 40 grade should be fine as synthetic have many times the strength of mineral oils. 60 grades should be left to drag race cars and WW2 Harleys. However 0w-40 is strtching things some and would generally require Viscocity improvers to allow such a variance. The V.I's can be literally chopped up by the rings and heat which will reduce the protection later in the oils life. Try a 5w-40 next time.

On a N/A engine that has had Forced Induction added, the least grade of oil that I would like to see used is 15w50 Mobil One or 10w60 Castrol Edge. I am not an oil expert, however this engine is experiencing cylinder pressures far greater than it used to, so good oil is a necessity.

Flirt you do drive yours reasonably hard so get rid of the 0w40 as soon as is practical please.

Cheers

Allan

ps Jamie has set up on his own near where we were. Trades as Garage Mac and he can look after the car for you from now on. Contact him at garagemac@aol.co.uk