Aftermarket clutch type LSD oil advice.

GT4 Zed

For those with nismo, Cusco Kaaz LSD or planning to get one.

I know these are not very common mods and maybe 4-5 pips here have them but they transform the car a million times.

Just sharing my experience about getting the right LSD oil.

I have the cusco RS LSD and though very pleased with its performance I have not been too impressed by how clunky and notchy it has been. This is expected from a mechanical diff but mine seems to take the biscuit!

After trying:

-Gulf competition 75w 90 LSD oil

- Fuchs syn 5 75w 90 oil

-Redline line lightweight shockproof 75w 90 oil (smurfs blood) after discussing with Oilman @ opie.

I ended up getting real life advice from a race team with an RJN prepared 350z with nismo GT LSD which is similar to mine and they categorically adviced to Motul 90PA 75w 90 which is mineral based and against synthetic oil when it comes to LSDs.

I met Jez @ Horsham who uses the Motul on his nismo diff and is very pleased too. I also noticed how much quiter his diff was and that considering the nismo is quite loud.

Anyway I did a full oil service today and went for a drive and its been a revelation🙀! The diff is very smooth now when engaging or unlocking and the pops and bangs have almost disappeared unless on very slow tight turns like parking.

On the plus side its 16 quid for 2 litres against £30-40 for Gulf or Redline.

The service interval with the mineral oil is 5000-6000miles for a road/track car while you could get away with twice the interval with a synthetic oil.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-888-motul-90-pa-lubricant-limited-slip-differential-lsd-extreme-pressure.aspx

• Like 1