I'm useless

SiriusProjects

I've never been really confident when it comes to doing jobs on my zed. But a short while ago I purchased a roof spoiler from Tarmac and decided that today I was going to have a go at fitting it myself. There was already one on the car that the previous owner had fitted so the first job was getting that off and them removing all the dried adhesive left on the window. It took a while but I managed to clean it all off.

Just before properly fitting the new one, I lined up the new spoiler on the rear window just to work out the positioning etc and found that it ever so slightly over hung the rear window by a fraction. So applying a small amount of pressure just to get it to flex a little, I was hoping it would seat properly on the window. That's when I heard the crack and on inspecting the spoiler I found that it had snapped at the mid point and had exposed the fibre glass underneath.

So today has just gone to prove why I should always take my car to the professionals who know what they are doing. That's the last time I ever attempt anything. LOL.