Radiator fan installation questions

Pedro85

Hi there

After an overheat on the way to work last week i have discovered that my radiator fans are on the way out. I bought a Mishimoto shroud/fan assembly and i'm looking to install it myself over the weekend.

I've spent a while looking over the forums and searching the internet for guides but i still have some questions.

Is it necessary to lift the car up and remove the front under tray? I don't have access to a ramp and don't own any stands. I have read that the fan shroud is only fixed at the top, with the bottom attachment being tabs.

Do I need to solder the connections? I am thinking of using heat shrink connectors, I don't own a soldering iron and have limited experience using one.

When disconnecting the OEM shroud, is it just a case of un-bolting it and lifting it out? Will i need to drain the radiator and disconnect hoses to make room to remove it?

I have an 05 350z with an OEM radiator/fan shroud

Any help is greatly appreciated

-Peter

Kudos for having a go mate :thumbs:

OK IIRC the top hose and air box need to come out the OEM shroud has 2 electrical connectors that unclip and there are 2 bolts at the top then it leans back and lifts out (I'm doing this from memory so may have missed something)

The new Mishimoto then fits in reverse order - you should get some sponge tape with the kit that you run down the edges - stops it rattling.

Wire it up do you have the wiring diagram? (you have to convert a 6 wire to a 4 wire system)

You do not need to solder you will have to cut the loom up though - I used crimp on bullet connectors so it can be removed - solder is better than twisting wires together but that will work with heat shrink - but you will have to cut them if you ever want to take it out!

Replace top hose and air box top up with water should be good to go :thumbs:

Check for air locks ;)

Edited by Keyser

Everything went better than expected.

For now at least, the radiator fan went in pretty easily and seems to be working perfectly. The hard part was getting the old one out.

Thanks for your input Keyser, was really helpful.

-Peter