JDM Automatics.

PZR

Hi there, long time no see.

I'm just here to ask some questions for a relative who is smitten with the Z as well ;)

But he wants an automatic JDM, since he's had manuals for years and has only just gotten an automatic again, an octavia DSG then a subaru forester auto, so he'd like an auto again.

But I have no clue what the automatics are like, how they effect the MPG, the performance losses, reliability issues etc.

So it'd be very appreciated if anyone could give me some info on these, since I'm going with him to look at one tomorrow. :thumbs:

Thanks for the input.

Are there any reliability issues or expensive flaws in the box that you know of?

I've just been reading on freshalloy and it seems to cope fairly well with the performance driver.

Also, do you know what speed JDMs are limited to?

I've forgotten :blush:

It seems fairly solid then, just been searching on this forum like I should of done instead of posting a new thread really :headhurt:

The fact that UK cars are 10bhp down on power would outweight the power loss from the torque converter I would imagine?

Nothing a few breathing mods wouldn't counter anyway ;)

I'll have to re-educate my self on the speed defenders as well :D

Thanks for the help, any further input is more than appreciated B)

Does anyone know what JS-1 means?

I've seen it on the description of a couple of Zeds, and JS-2 as well, no idea what it means though.