Anyone got AAM Competition Tail sections?

Bobbyheinz

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/AAM_Competition_370Z_Sports_Tail_Section/370z-AAM37E-TSS_.aspx

I'm looking for a bit more noise over stock but I'm not really fussed about extra bhp etc. Has anyone got these/heard them before?

There is a company on eBay called Cybox which make a replica copy for 200 quid delivered. A few people on the forum have those.

They are quite loud though I believe!

• Like 1

Are you actually fitting them at the weekend then? Brave man. Please report back as I'm really fancying these as a cheap stop-gap until I get a full cat-back system.

Just found this very thorough sound demo, just hope it doesn't sound like it does at 1:49 all the time!

Edited by hype

Are you actually fitting them at the weekend then? Brave man. Please report back as I'm really fancying these as a cheap stop-gap until I get a full cat-back system.

Just found this very thorough sound demo, just hope it doesn't sound like it does at 1:49 all the time!

Yeah giving them a fit to see if they are cheap for a reason ;)

I just miss hearing the exhaust on the 70, its obviously quick but doesn't excite me like the 50 did as there is no drama about it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just miss hearing the exhaust on the 70, its obviously quick but doesn't excite me like the 50 did as there is no drama about it.

How did you get on with these, seem good value at £170 compared to a full system, any drone or db issues on track?

Tom

How did you get on with these, seem good value at £170 compared to a full system, any drone or db issues on track?

Tom

Awfully loud. They only lasted 2 weeks lol

Tom

Awfully loud. They only lasted 2 weeks lol

Thanks for the reply, just seems a good deal. But I plan to track the car so can imagine would be a nightmare getting past the db limits. Also, I would not class myself as wanting a chavy boomy exhaust, but been upset before with spending money on a exhaust only to think how quite it is. Something with the quite loud, valves would be ideal just not with the £2k price.

If your car was not a daily would keep it, also what have your got now, and ever had any db issues on track?

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by ApexTM

Hello Tom,

It was way too loud for the track unfortunately, you wouldn't get past the noise test at the start.

If mine wasn't a daily and I didn't track it then it might have been acceptable but it was just ridiculous on start up from cold. I felt embarrassed when I took it to work!

I have a Cobra cat back at the moment which has a great tone and you can control the volume by driving below 3k. Then if you want to have a hoon it gets louder above 3k and you get great pops on down shift.

It also passes the track regulations too :)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, will save up some more and get one of them. Your running any decat or hfc?

Tom

Not at present. Was considering silenced decats before my UpRev but I can't find any decent quality ones which don't cost $500 from the states.