Need help, tlc issue!!

Jay-350z

I am not 100% sure (its ESP) I image that there is a sensor in the steering wheel which is used to tell the BCM the position of the steering wheel if that's not there then the system would likely go into fault i.e. switching ESP off.

Somebody may correct this as I haven't had any experience with the Z, but as a Controls Engineer I would image something like above.

Regards

I am not 100% sure (its ESP) I image that there is a sensor in the steering wheel which is used to tell the BCM the position of the steering wheel if that's not there then the system would likely go into fault i.e. switching ESP off.

Somebody may correct this as I haven't had any experience with the Z, but as a Controls Engineer I would image something like above.

Regards

sounds feasible to me, the traction control looks at speed, steering angle etc so it suggests it may not be getting a signal it expects

steering wheel has to be inline with the groove /marker point on coloum shaft and steering wheel hub....if slightly out the light will come on and the t/c will engage and some fun points as well.....best remove the wheel and doudle check m8....had this happen the first time i refit mine.

hope it helps.