Competition Clutch

350zPhil

Finally fitted my stage 2 competition clutch and lightened fly after weeks of waiting and lazyness and I am 300 miles into the break in period so far i think its not great for stop start uphill traffic, could be my driving, but other than that I couldn't be happier, gear changes are quick and its got a deffinate sportier feel to it. The lightweight flywheel does make a small amount of noise if you are accelerating with at about 1500-2200 revs but for cruising it is very quiet, noise may be worse as when I dropped the gearbox out the car I found there was a lot of play in the input shaft and I think I have the usual problem of worn out synchro's. Install time took about 6 hours and a number of tea and fag breaks but other than that very straight forward.

CC also do a big discout to forum members if anyone else is looking for a clutch, think I paid £675 for flywheel and clutch together and if you are installing it by yourself I used a tap to pull the pilot bush out as I was following a thread I found on the install and there was no way in hell that was coming out without being pulled.

Will give an update when I hit 500 miles since the install and start thrashing the balls off of it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you like a smooth, quiet, comfy driving experience, it ain't for you. Your parents will say you've ruined your car and passers by will think theres something wrong with your car.

If you want a faster revving engine, improved acceleration and better performance, then go for it. But your car will be noisy and 1st gear starts and stops in traffic jams will **** you off.