Are all the 350 Main instrument clusters interchangeable?

Chromatic

I am doing the base model to cruise modification with the switches, ECU flash/tune,.. and am looking to buy a cluster which I will send off to get the mileage corrected. However, I am not sure if all the years 2003-2008 will interchange (are the same) with one another on the Main instrument cluster?

I have a 2008 Base 6MT 350Z,.. and will be buying a non base cluster (I know to buy an M/T cluster and not automatic, but aside from that not sure if I can buy say a 2003 cluster MT and it work fine?)

I searched and couldn't find an answer to this?

Thanks in advance,

Hi There,

I have stripped a few main clusters down to component level and re assembled some from multiple donors.

The boards inside are different and populated with led's on some and not on others.

The convertable had lights for roof up or down etc and european models have fog light warning lamps.

I have put a JDM Convertable dash into a uk coupe car with uk clock faces and the speed indicated in kms ie showed 50 at 30mph.

Cruse no longer displayed as the lamps wern't there but it worked correctly on the steering wheel buttons..

From this I would think all models will plug in and work in a limited fashon but you may find the wiring to the main ecu from the clocks will behave differently or wont be there.

You wont really know unti you try it.

Thanks for the reply -- But there is a definite answer to this,.. as a FEW people have done what I'm doing (which is where I got the info on what I needed to buy and install to make Cruise work).. one such part is a Cluster from any NON Base 350.. The Traction control and other such functions I don't and never will have.. You can easily black out on the back of the clusters (as they will stay lit since my car doesn't have the option)..

Maybe only those people who've done the base to cruise switch know if say an 03 Cluster is identical to an 08 cluster for a MT car.. From the LOOKS of them they all look the same -- only differences are AT and MT aren't compatible for obvious reasons.. And you have a Nismo cluster (which is just a Nismo badge/lettering).. And the Traction control light, etc that I'd have to black out.

They built ALL 350's (base's included) with the wiring for the cruise.. So when I put the panels on my steering wheel for the audio and cruise controls my car will have a harness just sitting there in the steering wheel waiting to be plugged in.. which is why this all works. Would be great if the ECU on the bases had cruise control and the only limiting factor was the "lights" on the cluster and pedal switches.. but I have to get the Tuner to swap my Base CAL file to another model (all other models have cruise).. and then cruise is enabled (and while I don't NEED a new cluster for cruise to work, I need it to see the Cruise (set) light(s) ) -- And that's not a big deal so much.. but the Tune maps are changed with the cruise lights as well.. So I'd like a visual indicator of which map I'm on.

I've sourced out getting the mileage adjusted on a cluster and found a really good place that will do it for $35 (The only place besides Nissan who will do this costs $100-$200 ) -- And a used cluster is (if you shop around) $100.. The "ideal" would be to find one within 1000 miles of my vehicle.. then it'd be a direct swap.. but I'm not going to get the RIGHT cluster, in good condition, for a good price AND with my somewhat low miles for a 2008 of 27k.

But, all the wiring is there.. Someone explained it to me in the exact terms of how the system works.. (the nissan electrical impulse system) .. but suffice it to say the wires and harness is in place.. the computer just needs to be flashed (along with pedal switches, PAc or Axxess module if I want to use my steering controls for head unit)..and of course the Cluster to see just the Cruise and (SET) lights in green. (While blacking out the Traction control and I think there is one more light on some clusters that the base wouldn't have (that is not anything "special".. but I could be wrong about how many lights extra there are).

Someone tried to solder in LEDS to a base cluster and it didn't work for them.. I'm not sold the Base cluster if LEDS were wired in by a Professional electronic engineer wouldn't light up properly with Cruise control.. but no one has done it so far,.. So roughly $130 = A proper Cruise Cluster..

Just before I order a used one .. and have it sent off for mileage change,.. I need to verify all the clusters for MT 350's are identical (Nissan didn't change the design of them from year to year basically).

Thanks