Cheap DAB radio/MP3 player for your Z?...

chubbster

I've just taken delivery of a cheap portable DAB radio/MP3 player...

3190_1_1024x1024.jpg

It was £32.98 from Amazon. The earphones are cheap and the clock function doesn't work properly, but I don't care because the DAB function is excellent (60 crystal clear stations in my area) and it works really well in the car - just plug it into the aux socket. I think my USB socket will charge it too, but I've not tried that yet.

You can buy it for £29.98 direct from the company (Clever Gadgets) in Bristol - LINK HERE - but don't expect too much in the way of customer support from them, from what I've read.

Also, you'll need to put your MP3's on a micro SD card, which is not supplied.

For me this is a cheap and effective solution to the problem of not having DAB radio in the car. Plus, as it's portable, it can be transferred to whichever car/campervan I like.

Read the Amazon reviews before you buy - some fussy people have issues with it, but for me it's fine.

Just sharing the love :hug:

It'll be interesting to hear what it's like in areas where signal strength is not so good, it's not for me as I have a Pure DAB that I move between vehicles (antenna in each vehicle power supply hard wired in). The idea of a portable DAB does have an appeal though.