ECU Pinout for DIY Knock detection

ianp3k

Hi anybody have a link for the ECU pinout of a JDM Nissan 350Z 2003, im planning on tapping into the two knock sensor wires using two capacitors to stop interference and a Playstion 3 gaming headset, when powered via usb or 5v supply they have a built in Amplifier, im unsure if this will work but worth a try.

Thanks for any help :)

Unless you know what your doing I would leave it be as you could interfear with the ECUs ability to pick up genuine knock/det,

Why not just get yourself Nissan Datascan Software and Cable, this will show any knock, or if you have need of some serious det monitoring get Phormula KS-4.

Are you going FI ?

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

Thanks Tricky Ricky i was kinda looking for an audible method of listening for knock. Not Fi at moment,going to be doing this as a hobby using Osiris uprev software but am currently having an issue getting my laptop to communicate with the ECU whilst trying to ROM DUMP, The car has a HKS SLD fitted think its interfering with the CAN Signal, i shale be removing this see if it works. :)

I think you can see any knock live or recorded in the Up-rev software, I presume your going to be tweaking the map so need to listen for det, personally whenever I tune an ECU I always use det cans anyway, with electronic your dependent on its being dialed into the correct frequency and there is always the possibility of false knock from mechanical component's,

Its fine for general safety monitoring once your all set up though.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

I agree, det cans are good, would be nice to see what the ecu picks up using Up-Rev. I managed to download my ROM today after removing the HKS SLD up-rev have the ROM now hoping they can make my ECU compatible with their software. Currently i have an ECU with an unsupported P/N.