Wiring a sub to a non-bose, OEM head unit, Can it be done?

elrao

Hi guys

As i prepare my Z for sale, the to be owner has enquired about me leaving the sub in the car (Infinity Basslink) and wiring it into the standard Head Unit.

I currently have it wired up to my Alpine HU, using the Sub RCAs and the Alpine, remote switch (blue) wire to turn it on and off with the HU. I am pretty sure the standard Nissan unit doesn't have any RCA pre-outs, but are any of those wires a pre-out in disguise?

If not then I am assuming I would have to wire the sub in parallel to the rear speakers (Basslink has the option to connect via low level pre-outs or speaker level) and then find the correct "switch" wire on the back of the Nissan unit. So my questions:

Which wire is the remote turn on wire on the standard Nissan unit / wiring loom?

Are there any pre-outs hiding on the back of the standard unit?

If no pre-outs, is the best option to wire in parallel to the rear speakers?

Thanks

Rob

Hi guys

As i prepare my Z for sale, the to be owner has enquired about me leaving the sub in the car (Infinity Basslink) and wiring it into the standard Head Unit.

I currently have it wired up to my Alpine HU, using the Sub RCAs and the Alpine, remote switch (blue) wire to turn it on and off with the HU. I am pretty sure the standard Nissan unit doesn't have any RCA pre-outs, but are any of those wires a pre-out in disguise?

If not then I am assuming I would have to wire the sub in parallel to the rear speakers (Basslink has the option to connect via low level pre-outs or speaker level) and then find the correct "switch" wire on the back of the Nissan unit. So my questions:

Which wire is the remote turn on wire on the standard Nissan unit / wiring loom?

Are there any pre-outs hiding on the back of the standard unit?

If no pre-outs, is the best option to wire in parallel to the rear speakers?

Thanks

Rob

The outputs from the BOSE unit are midway between RCA and speaker level as far as I know. That's why that adapter thingy is used when just changing the head unit.

In answer - 1. Don't know, not sure it matters because:-

2. No.

3. No, as I think the level still may be wrong for your Basslink.