Car Mapping

Richie-B

Ok so ive had cars mapped in the past both on dynos and live road maps.

I make my money just now tweeking electrical sensors on logging tools down oil wells so I think I should be able to pick it up.

I would love to get into mapping just as a hobby

I've seen these folks who appear to do courses on learning the dark art of mapping. Has anyone got an experience with them and the courses? It looks like an awesome couple of days away. My mate is also up for it.

http://www.emacademy.co.uk/IntroductionToEngineManagementMapping.aspx

Then after having done the above course I was considering this package

http://uprev.com/secure/management/osiris-tuner.html

I wonder how relevant the course would be. I understand the software will be different but the fundamentals should be the same.

Also when I've had cars mapped they have had an additional air fuel sensor fitted up the end of the exhaust. Does the Osiris software some how take the information from the ecu or would there be additional equipment needed?

any advise or experiences would be very helpful

cheers

Richie

I run EMA (with a colleague) and have a load of experience mapping 350Zs using the Uprev software.

Sounds like the 1 day course would be ideal for you - it goes through all the theory of mapping and helps you understand whats involved. You're not going to come out of a 1 day course being able map a car, you'd need to practice to increase your experience but at least you'd have a good understanding of the basics. We also do a 4 day course which is quite intense, but will allow you to get some hands on experience of mapping car on our dyno and cover things in more detail.

We use Syvecs in the Intro and Accelerated courses, but the theory is applicable to most ECUs.

notfub on this forum attended the Intro course last weekend - you could ask him for feedback if you like :)

Any questions, just ask :)

Edited by Jez
  • Like 1

Magic that's great. Would a prerequisite to the 4 day course be the 1 day course or would everything be covered with the 4 day course.

Fancy sending me costing's involved. I've just spoken to the mrs and surprisingly she thinks its a great idea,

she maybe fancies the peace.

If I was to buy that package would it require anything extra to map the car i.e. lamda sensors

The 4 day intensive course includes the intro course as the first day :)

That package just allows you to gain access to the maps on the ECU and modify them. You'd need a wide band lambda sensor, knock detection equipment and access to a dyno.

Prices and booking is all online http://emacademy.co.uk/Courses.aspx

Edited by Jez
  • Like 1