Vinyl wrap, what and where??

Lyndzzz

Hey all,

Well Zeditis has well and truly kicked in and I'm wanting to have a crack at wrapping my roof gloss black, I'm comfortable with my ability, or at least ability to try,but I've no knowledge of materials!! Is there a "best" brand and retailer? I've searched and found lots of pics but not a lot of info when doing it DIY!

It doesn't have to be anything extravagant as if it's a look I like, I'll have it resprayed.

Appreciate any help and tips :thumbs:

Thanks

Edited by Lyndzzz

The way I do it (some pro wrappers on here may say diff, but if it works it works).

I do mine on my own, so I start from middle and come out one side, go round the other side of car and work middle to outter again. Always start from centre, rule of thumb for me.

If you have a second guy, hold all 4 corners and pull slightly and gently place onto roof, this will complete 30% of the job, the rest is working middle to outter.

You dont want to heat straight away (some do, I dont as I find stretching it becones harder each time you do it, and suddenly at the end you have huge piece of vinyl that you need to spend an hour remoulding to a smaller size.

I just watched around 10hours of youtube videos, and gave it a go. Plan 3 hours to do the roof if youve never wrapped before.

Wrapping is an overstated skill, you dont need trained on it. You just need time on it to understand whats happening with the vinyl. I.e. knowing when its about to crease and knowing when it looks like itll crease but u can push squeegee hard enough for it not to. Give it a go. The vinyl is only 20quid and a garage will charge 90+. It wont take you 5 attempts to get it right. 3 absolute max :) 1 if you dont rush

When are you looking at trying this? I have 7m spare white as no1 wants white vinyl, I could quickly make a video tutorial on roof wrapping but wont be for another week

Thank you so much for such helpful advice and a kind offer! I'm not sure when I'll be doing it, it depends on when I get the material. I've read and watched more on vinyl wrapping recently I'm dreaming about it :)

I was planning on buying enough for 2 goes as I'm pretty handy and very patient, I have my hubby who will be my assistant for the day and we have a nice big, warm garage so time isn't an issue.

I'm off to find some Hexis now. Thank you again :thumbs:

When are you looking at trying this? I have 7m spare white as no1 wants white vinyl, I could quickly make a video tutorial on roof wrapping but wont be for another week

Thank you so much for such helpful advice and a kind offer! I'm not sure when I'll be doing it, it depends on when I get the material. I've read and watched more on vinyl wrapping recently I'm dreaming about it :)

I was planning on buying enough for 2 goes as I'm pretty handy and very patient, I have my hubby who will be my assistant for the day and we have a nice big, warm garage so time isn't an issue.

I'm off to find some Hexis now. Thank you again :thumbs:

np :) worth investing in a heat gun, just a cheapy £10 one from ebay does the job, all this certain temprature i dont think is really that important aslong as you realise it can only get to a certain temprature before it rips. Hairdryer work for some people, but i dont think it heats it enough. If i have time ill do a roof wrap and post the video with me talking over it, good luck :)