Reflector LED Questions...

fellsteruk

Hi all,

So I have decided to build the above myself "have a go" more fun and cheaper than buying some of the ones i have seen on ebay, anyway I am actually going to take a slightly different approach to others in that I am going to try "i may fail" and install both white and orange LEDs so that the reflectors come on with side lights but also act as indicators.

I have been taking a look at the build thread on here (http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/64303-how-to-create-led-bumper-reflectors/) which has been really helpful and am pulling a materials list together and plan a trip to maplin later today/tomorrow.

I was just wondering Can any of you recommend what LED's to use? I did find a thread a week ago discussing this but for the life of me i cannot find it, been searching for a while now and thought i would ask.

Thanks

Stephen

Apparently "correct me if wrong" your only allowed to have a single set of indicators on the front and side and they have to be a minimum height from the ground. Using the reflectors as indications would put them too low and result in your having two sets of indications on the front.

Tempted to give it a go anyway but don't want to have to take them out and do it again....

I have bought some reflectors from the US from ZLEDS which have a 4 way switch back module in them and part of the loom comes inside the car with a switch that has to spur into the fuse box in the drivers footwell. I have put the reflectors in the bumper but not had time to get it all off again and splice the wires into each front light yet. probably need about 5 hours to tackle it. been considering seeing if i can find an auto electrician to do it for me so it gets finished. I noticed some of the stuff on the dvla's site about lights and mot stuff when i was trying to find out if there was a specific lumens for the rear fog light as ZLEDS now does rear bumper led lights with the fog in they look @*!# hot but the lumens are about 90 off. if you look for one of my threads you can see the type of reflector with leds in i have.