Faulty MAF sensor (A/F Sensor 1)

andyvvc

I posted a thread a while back about using the peddal-dance to get the CEL code to 'flash' on the screen. I've finally managed to get it properly checked and it's come back as "A/F Sensor 1" being faulty.

My car is the HR engined twin-intake. I have a Stillen Gen 1 fitted *years* ago, and the CEL came on about 3 months ago. As a result, i reset the ECU. 200 miles later the CEL came back on. Suspecting it might be MAF related i took them both out, sprayed them carefully with carbon cleaner and allowed it to evaporate. I repeated this and also gently swabbed the fillaments with a cotton bud while wet with cleaner.

Refitted to the car, did the ECU reset and......300 miles later the CEL came on again :blush:

I think i might genuinely need a new (or re-conn'd) MAF sensor.....anyone know which one A/F Sensor 1 is...I'm assuming the one on the left when opening the bonnet? I also suspect Ni$$an charge £350+ for the part :wacko:

EDIT - full details from the paperwork on the fault: Code P2A03 - A/F Sensor 1 (B2)

Edited by andyvvc

Posted · Hidden by glrnet, January 2, 2014 - Possible banned memeber
Hidden by glrnet, January 2, 2014 - Possible banned memeber

I've got a spare if you want it Andy, can meet you somewhere tonight if your in a hurry or at the weekend. It's from a DE engine but FOC.