2 X Goodyear Eagle F1 Run Flats 285/35/19 Reduced £250!

elrao

I have two brand new (still stickered) Goodyear Eagle F1 Run Flats. They are 285/35/19 (I am 99% sure - will check this evening).

I bought these when I was buying my new Nismos as I was originally looking at selling the Volks with tyres, but decided to sell the rims only and transferred the Toyos over to the Nismos. So these were left over, was keeping them to replace te Toyos when required, but as I am selling my car I won't need these!

With the standard rear tyre size being 245/45/18 these tyres will increase your rolling road radius by a mere 0.65 % (a 275/35/19 decreases the rolling road radius by 0.38%). These tyres are over £250 each (£266 on mytyres inc. delivery), will sell individually ONLY if I have a buyer for both tyres!

Looking for £350 for the pair, make me an offer.

Buyer must be able to collect, tyres are currently in SW11, in a few weeks they will be with me in Essex when I sell my house in SW11, unless bought and collected before then (which is preferable!!)

EAGLEF1GS-D3ROF.jpg

I have two brand new (still stickered) Goodyear Eagle F1 Run Flats. They are 285/35/19 (I am 99% sure - will check this evening).

I bought these when I was buying my new Nismos as I was originally looking at selling the Volks with tyres, but decided to sell the rims only and transferred the Toyos over to the Nismos. So these were left over, was keeping them to replace te Toyos when required, but as I am selling my car I won't need these!

With the standard rear tyre size being 245/45/18 these tyres will increase your rolling road radius by a mere 0.65 % (a 275/35/19 decreases the rolling road radius by 0.38%). These tyres are over £250 each (£266 on mytyres inc. delivery), will sell individually ONLY if I have a buyer for both tyres!

Looking for £400 for the pair, make me an offer.

Buyer must be able to collect, tyres are currently in SW11, in a few weeks they will be with me in Essex when I sell my house in SW11, unless bought and collected before then (which is preferable!!)

EAGLEF1GS-D3ROF.jpg

Why runflats and why only 2????

Why runflats and why only 2????

I got a good deal on them, was buying new rears and had planned to buy two fronts from a different dealer (the fronts were cheaper from another outlet, the rears cheaper where I got them). Then decided to stick with the Toyos, so didn't buy the front Goodyears, would have bought them when I was replacing the tyres.

Got runflats as I damaged a rim on my old car with a blown tyre, didn't want to damage my nice new 19" nismos!

I didn't know you're able to get them in run flat... Interesting.

You can! Check out MyTyres, go for this size and you'll find them at £266 each!

Yeah think you are right, but I also thought the 275s on the Volks I had were too thin, the rim was exposed quite a bit. A 285 tyre is well within tolerance, is only slightly further off standard rolling radius than a 275.

I actually think the problem is that they are run flats, as they get a bit of a bad press. The sidewalls are really stiff and corrupt the ride quality. There's a reason why M-Division BMWs don't have them but the rest of the range do.

However, having had a front puncture in my Mini Cooper S at 85 (on a private road) I was delighted to be running on run flats. There was no drama at all and I just carried on my journey at reduced speed. A blow out could have been rather more exciting..... :scare:

One up for the run flats!!

I know I would have loved to have had run flats on my last car, knackered the whole alloy when a tyre blew on me, was only doing 10 mph too!

Would have cost me £400 for new rim from the stealer if I hadn't picked one up second hand for £50!

• 1 month later...