Rumbling noise when steering left

The Don

Hi All. First post alert!

Still getting used to my Kuro GT4 I picked up on Thursday (absolutely lovin' it :teeth:) and have been swatting up on here about some of the niggly issues people get. The car seems to be fault free at present, apart from one thing - when I am travelling at speed (over 30 mph) and I need to turn the wheel to the left for a left hand curve (even a very slight amount of left hand steer) then I get a rumble from what feels like the front tyres. It doesn't happen at all when I steer to the right. Is this likely to be incorrect toe-in? I was thinking I might go in to get the alignment checked.

Any advice would be much appreciated by this Zed noob.

:welcome:

whats the tyre code you've got on. Could be the cupping issue.

Easiest way to tell is to look at the outer tread is the groves runing perpendicular to the direction of the wheel go all the way to a groove running with the direction of the tyre, then you have a old style tyre and if you car is under warranty, Nissan should replace them. It's a well know issues and make sure the front toe is adjusted to new spec (2mm toe-in). Nissan also should carry this out to.

If the groove doesn't run all they way the groove running along the direction of the tyre and stops in a block of rubber then you have the new style. You won't have a cupping issue and will be something else that is causing the problem

more info here

http://www.bonell.plus.com/350z/tire%20 ... lletin.pdf

Thanks for the info guys.

The fronts were newly fitted with Bridgestone RE040s before I got the car. The grooves at the edge run to a block of rubber.

So it sounds like it might be a wheel bearing. Better make my first call to Nissan then :thumbdown: