Hi there

Ali_H

Hello chaps,

Looking at the possibility of a 350Z in the near future.

What are the pros and cons? Ive heard Nissan servcing is cheap currently paying top whack Audi prices :thumbdown:

Also how much do you think my car is worth? 2004 "04" Audi A3 2.0 FSI standard model, one extra option, climate control. 42,000 miles

Ive also got a Caterham 7 1.8 Supersport but thats going nowhere!

Thanks

Guest prescience

:welcome:

Yes servicing will be much cheaper than Audi - expect to pay <£200 if you shop around.

Other than practicality (and I think you know what that means from the 7) I don't think there are many cons but there are a few niggles as listed in other sections here so it would be worthwhile looking through those at your leisure e.g paint quality, tyre feathering on older models

Pros are manyfold IMHO including looks, performance (despite my sig its good in NA form), ride quality, handling, resale value, Q-factor

Con vs Audi would probably be interior finish TBH

No idea what your Audi is worth :)

Hi Ali

:welcome:

no idea on what your Audi is worth, have a look on Autotrader in yr area to have an idea of selling it privately, then get a couple of trade isn values from dealers :)

about the Z, it IS a cheap sportscar to service, every 9000 miles, noone can deny that! :thumbs:

What are you going to use it for? Are you going to modify it?

As there could be different possibilities for you to look at. :teeth:

Hi thanks for the replies so far.

It will be my everyday car, i do a fair amount of miles hence the milage on the Audi. It needs to be reliable (less than i can say with the audi, windscreen wiper failure, pouring rain 50 miles from home)

Is that £200 for a Nissan dealer?! The Audi has just had its 40k service £510!

Does anyone know if i can fit a detachable towbar to a 350Z. Will need something to tow the caterham to trackdays, if i cant i will have to buy a cheap 4x4 aswell.

Oh and budget is looking to be 20k, seen some nice example on pistonheads, uk model dont like the sound of imports.

Guest prescience

Yup Nissan dealer. You can expect abuse (kindly) if you plan to use the Z to tow anything. Have only ever seen pics of one with a towbar and I threw those away :p