Bose issue

mx5 Paul

I seem to have the issue with the lack of sound coming out of the r/h speakers, only when the cd player is on. First is this repairable? I do quite like the system if I could get both sets of speakers to work. If this is a non starter as I suspect, what's the best way to take out the current unit? I have the factory sat nav fitted which might make this harder?

Thanks guys

Paul

Ok I have now come round to the fact that I will have to change the head unit. All I want to change is the head unit. I want to use the existing wiring and speakers (Bose). If I use the right connection kit/Head Unit will I still get the same or better sound??

Getting confused as there seems alot of conflicting reports.

Paul

Hey buddy,

I know that thw headunits tend to play up so may be worth swapping it with something else? Its a pretty simple job.

First pull up on the lip around the gearknob and unplug the aircon connector. Then undo some screws and your pretty much there.

Theres lots of guides with pictures to make it alot eassier!

Hope this helps pal! And good luck :)

Ok I have now come round to the fact that I will have to change the head unit. All I want to change is the head unit. I want to use the existing wiring and speakers (Bose). If I use the right connection kit/Head Unit will I still get the same or better sound??

Getting confused as there seems alot of conflicting reports.

Paul

Yes you will get slightly better sound, although to make a real difference you need to swap the speakers and amps unfortunately as the system is only as good as it's weakest parts...

Sent from the golf club...