Is there a new 'baby' ZED on the way?

holtehero

dont tease, tell all

From the fouth paragraph of the article:

Given that engineers appear to be using a Porsche Cayman as a comparison benchmark, it’s either the case that this remains a new, smaller 350Z (the two models are Nissan’s closest natural competitors), or that the company is setting a seriously high bar for its budget performance car. We can only hope that their choice of a Boxster companion will mean that the new car will be rear-drive as well.

Well it's not a budget performance car! :teeth:

GT-R in one of its configurations then

:wacko: This is harder than I thought! lol

From the fouth paragraph of the article:

Given that engineers appear to be using a Porsche Cayman as a comparison benchmark, it’s either the case that this remains a new, smaller 350Z (the two models are Nissan’s closest natural competitors), or that the company is setting a seriously high bar for its budget performance car. We can only hope that their choice of a Boxster companion will mean that the new car will be rear-drive as well.

Well it's not a budget performance car!

:D

GT-R is GT-R there will not be "seconds" there will only be one car i think...which will be the "halo" car , the same way the zed was the "halo" car up to now...

Nissan are pretty good at making affordable Front engine Rear Wheel Drive sporty cars...

and the market is saturated with Front Wheel Drive Hot hatches...but not that many affordable RR wheel drives like you use to get in the 80's

and Nissan won't try and compete against so many Front wheel drive euro hatches... including partner megane ( that's why they canned the almera and announced the stop of production of primera...)

So then Nissan can cater for

4WD with Patrol, Pathfinder, Navara, Xtrail, Qashqai

(Covers all segments possible for SUV/Offroaders)

RWD SPORTS with GT-R, 350Z, and something else(??????)

(Small sporty is not yet covered by Nissan...)

There is definetely a gap in there for the 2.0 engined smaller Rear Wheel Drive huh? ;) Also Qashqai uses a brand new 2.0 Nissan engine... no doubts there is some tunable FI performance in there somewhere... :D

Nissan will let the Euro lot battle it in the hot hatch market and the sedan categories...

May be its a all new car all together like a 325z, lol !

Just because the dimensions are smaller, that doesn't mean that the engine will be! The Z33 is a bit of a lard ass afterall! :D

You only have to do a bit of digging on the net to see what technology is new on other Nissan products in Japan and the US to get you thinking what engine, chassis, etc... might be used on the next gen zed. :thumbs:

May be its a all new car all together like a 325z, lol !

Just because the dimensions are smaller, that doesn't mean that the engine will be! The Z33 is a bit of a lard ass afterall! :D

You only have to do a bit of digging on the net to see what technology is new on other Nissan products in Japan and the US to get you thinking what engine, chassis, etc... might be used on the next gen zed. :thumbs:

So we're looking at a smaller, lighter, but just as powerful, next gen Zed that handles better than a Cayman. That'll do for me! :thumbs::teeth:

A couple of years ago there was mentioning that there was going to be a 250Z.. could it be this? Anyone know anything about a 250Z?

Nope, I'm sure the engine in the next gen zed will definately not be any smaller than the current one! A 250Z would suggest using a 2.5 litre engine.

There is a lot of speculation that a small rear wheel drive coupe could appear in the future, but I would bet money on it not wearing a Z badge as it would lower the Z brand image!

A couple of years ago there was mentioning that there was going to be a 250Z.. could it be this? Anyone know anything about a 250Z?

Nope, the engine in the next gen zed will definately not be any smaller than the current one! A 250Z would suggest using a 2.5 litre engine.

There is a lot of speculation that a small rear wheel drive coupe could appear in the future, but I would bet money on it not wearing a Z badge as it would lower the Z brand image!

I'd have though you would have some insider knowledge on this anyway Steve ???

Nope, the engine in the next gen zed will definately not be any smaller than the current one! A 250Z would suggest using a 2.5 litre engine.

;) .........I've already said too much!!! :surrender:

;) .........I've already said too much!!! :surrender:

B)

• 1 month later...
so letank87

is this what they were testing. Looks like it's now go the go ahead.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoe ... dster.html

No, they were testing the 09MY zed, I thought I'd given you all enough clues!!! :headhurt:

Although this new Renault is interesting - maybe a platform share with a new Nissan small coupe based on the Urge concept!!! B)

nah, we need more info :teeth:

Not sure what you all think...... But given the recent rumours about a hard top convertable, this looks like it could be in the running....

If you look at the photo again, you can see a line to the top of the rear window that looks like it goes across the roof (yeah i know there isnt one at the front) but could be the start of the convertable production.

If not that, maybe a t- top??

Just a thought!

Not sure what you all think...... But given the recent rumours about a hard top convertable, this looks like it could be in the running....

If you look at the photo again, you can see a line to the top of the rear window that looks like it goes across the roof (yeah i know there isnt one at the front) but could be the start of the convertable production.

If not that, maybe a t- top??

Just a thought!

No plans for a Z c+c to my knowledge, but there might be another Nissan/Infiniti on sale in Europe with a 3.7 V6 and folding hardtop! B)

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/29/rendered-speculation-infiniti-g37-hardtop-convertible/