Water in the boot

yorkshire

Very new so I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section but didn't feel it was "technical"

So I picked up the 350 yesterday and I noticed a small amount of water in the boot under the spare tyre. It hadn't been there long and doesn't appear to have caused any damage. There was a downpour before I picked the car up and so I think that is what lead to it but obviously it shouldn't have got in.

If anyone has any suggestions or could point out the drainage holes that I could check that would be really appreciated as I don't fancy a swimming pool in the boot.

Thank you for your reply will check this out, is there any other places to check? I think what I am going to have to do is check all the lights etc. I just wasn't sure if this had happened to anyone else.

That's really the only place as long as the boot seal is still in place.

Very new so I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section but didn't feel it was "technical"

So I picked up the 350 yesterday and I noticed a small amount of water in the boot under the spare tyre. It hadn't been there long and doesn't appear to have caused any damage. There was a downpour before I picked the car up and so I think that is what lead to it but obviously it shouldn't have got in.

If anyone has any suggestions or could point out the drainage holes that I could check that would be really appreciated as I don't fancy a swimming pool in the boot.

Also look for any non-original/modified/repaired wiring into the car; e.g. parking sensors were dealer fit, and the cable routing into the car can be a bit hit-n-miss and can cause leaks. Also, have a look at the rubber flap type vents in the lower rear corners (near the stereo amp) - they can get broken.