Dash & Bose LED Change

flyboy

Hi NeiI,

I would suggest people buy their own gauge faces from Black Cat Customs, I will advise which type to get, if needed.

The gauge faces take about 3-4 weeks to come from The States and are about £125 duty paid

Needles can be hard to come by depending on what is wanted and would have to be here prior to the job starting, I have some sources for these but at the moment they are either from across the pond again or Europe.

The LED change and the calibration would take me a week or two depending on other commitments.

I have a spare set of clocks etc which could be loaned out if you use the car as a daily driver.

I could put a kit of LED's together for you to do it yourself but you will need a digital temperature controlled solder station and very good soldering skills and I would suggest a spare speedo cluster to practice on......

Your not going to do this with a £5.00 iron from B&Q you will need something like this

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5d37324a18

A video from Bob at Gaugecraft who was very helpful in getting this up and running, showing how small these SMD's are

Edited by flyboy

Bose hu looks soo much better in blue haa! Orher stuff looks great to dude!

It does look so much better but its a one off.

Its just not worth it if your not doing it yourself as you can get a new head unit for what it would cost.

The red with the blue was due to running low on LED's of the correct size but it looks B)

I really like the flashing tacho for the gear change and the led rear indicators. What have u done about the red fog light? Got some bright red LEDs I presume?

Yeah bright and overdriven.

Passed the MOT no problem the tester just commented "diddn't realise these came with LED's as an option"

Hethought they were totally OEM.

I really like the flashing tacho for the gear change and the led rear indicators. What have u done about the red fog light? Got some bright red LEDs I presume?

Yeah bright and overdriven.

Passed the MOT no problem the tester just commented "diddn't realise these came with LED's as an option"

Hethought they were totally OEM.

They look oem. Did you use resistors to make the lights flash at the normal speed? I guess using LEDs will have less resistance and the ecu will think a bulbs gone?

• 3 weeks later...