Pre-out voltage on Bose 6CD HU?

jep350z

This is a really useful thread, and I'm about to take the plunge and change the original BOSE head unit - which currently won't play CDs or even eject them :-(

BUT the one thing I'm still not clear about is the voltage of the pre-outs.

There seems to be plenty of different opinions on this and other forums about whether 2v or 4v is better, but what I'd like to know is what is the voltage of the pre-outs on the original head unit - and then I'll buy a new unit that matches that... or if I buy a new HU with different voltage pre-out, is it possible to adjust the gain on the Bose amplifier.

Grateful for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

I fit a pioneer HU and it was really low volume so did the buster mod to the rca's and its bang on now. It's not the V that makes the low volume its the oms the bosa runs at 1om and most units run a 4oms . So u can get any head unit plus a adapter for the wiring of the head unit. If u do the buster mod what's on this forum all u do is cut the rca's off the adapter and wire join them up to the speaker wires from the HU simples

• 2 weeks later...