How clean is your local takeaway??

Bluffy

Ever wondered how grotty your local takeaway or restaurant is? Well now more and more local authorities are publicising the results of food hygiene inspection undertaken by EHOs.. Check out http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk/index.php to see if your LA is showing this information.

One or two LAs around this area are currently displaying this info, including chesterfield and the four south yorkshire authorities..

This is going to become a national thing in next couple of years, and will be one of best things to have happened in food safety in years.

yeah maybe... I was gutted that Rising Sun in Chesterfield was nil pois.. I been there several times and food ok.. not been ill yet ;)

Also its not looking at the quality of food, more to do with cleanliness, how safely its prepared and what procedures they got in place..

I originally missed part of the website address off :oops: , the link should work now

Vans of death... generally no. The main reason I guess is that they register with the authority whos area they store them in overnight, so they may store it in Rotherham and operate in Sheffield. Also a large proportion of vans dont have an actual name on the van, So it would make it difficult for people to find them on the website if they didnt know where they were registered or what they were called... if this makes sense