MOT Advisory

Grundy

Was meant to post this sooner, this cars last MOT only had one Advisory - 001 Advise Drivers Rear chassis leg damaged but does not affect strength.

How much of a problem is this?

Does it need fixing?

How big of a job/cost is this?

Cheers

Matt

Edited by grundy225

Cabnt give you a concrete answer as I don't have any of my service guides here at work, but from what I know, thw Chassis leg is where the force from the suspension springs go through. My guess is its the piece of metal underneath the little cup that the rear sprint sits in.

As for cost and time in getting it fixed, ive no idea. With no technical documents I cant find a part number even so couldn't begin to guess. Strange for it to be damaged though.

I don't even know if these are welded to the chassis as standard, may have to come from a breakers. Id give alex a PM mate tbh.

Edited by cs2000

Cabnt give you a concrete answer as I don't have any of my service guides here at work, but from what I know, thw Chassis leg is where the force from the suspension springs go through. My guess is its the piece of metal underneath the little cup that the rear sprint sits in.

As for cost and time in getting it fixed, ive no idea. With no technical documents I cant find a part number even so couldn't begin to guess. Strange for it to be damaged though.

I don't even know if these are welded to the chassis as standard, may have to come from a breakers. Id give alex a PM mate tbh.

No worries bud, I appreciate the reply.

Depending on my interview results, will have it booked in for a check over of the whole car soon anyway.