New window motor - reset issue

koolance

Hello

I recently fitted a new drivers side motor/reg to the car from a convertible. I followed the guides and everything went well however I seem to having issues resetting the window..

After I follow the reset procedure and open the door the window drops approx 1.5-2cm then when I close the door it doesn't do anything.. Same applies if I open the door again and keeps repeating until the window is practically at the bottom then the window will go back up a few cms. This issue is driving me nuts and I've had to disconnect the electric window or I would be unable to leave the car anywhere.

I cannot seem to find anything relating to this issue using the search. :-(

Cheers

Gordon

Hi Gordon - Hope I'm not making a stupid suggestion (probably am), but are you holding the switch in the 'up' position for long enough?

The procedure that has always worked for me is...

1. Open the window fully.

2. Shut the window, HOLDING THE SWITCH IN THE 'UP' POSITION FOR SEVERAL SECONDS AFTER THE WINDOW HAS SHUT. Sometimes it can take up to 15 seconds until you hear that very feint 'click' which means it's reset.

3. Open the window again, this time keeping the window switch 'down' for several seconds (15secs, to be on the safe side). I'm not convinced that this stage is necessary, but it doesn't do any harm.

4. Shut the window. Job done.

Apologies if you've already done this, but maybe give it just one more try?

thanks for replying, I have tried that and will certainly try it again this evening on the off chance :)

Since my first post I can now open door.. window drops 4cms.. close door..nothing.. open door...close door ..window goes back up.

Is anyone aware if the roadster regulator is different from the coupe as its the roaster motor/reg im using.

Edited by koolance

Neo - I havent check the door shut, Will check that out when I'm home

peteman35 - thanks for the suggestion I will try that aswell, I've used contact cleaner on the plugs however no change either

I even tried removing the rubber nipple cover from reset switch.. I expected to see a microswitch or something instead its a bit of plastic that doesnt seem to do anything except turn.. I would like too understand how the reset procedure works.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys I really appreciate it!