Rear view camera - no bulb MOT fail

Mooresy14

Alright peeps I bought the rear view camera off eBay and got it installed but when having MOT today it failed as only one of my lights was working on the rear number plate. Reason being is that there is no bulb in the camera where the old bulb was!

Now how easy is it to put one in there? I mean do I have to rewire it or put the bulb back and take out the camera? Has anyone had the same problem?

It was an absolute mission for the guy to wire the camera in and it doesn't even work now so I wish I had not bothered!

Edited by Mooresy14

it wouldnt be too much ill to sort a reg light out. you would think the wiring would still be there and its just a case of plug and play. even if its not you have a working light about a foot away that you can take the power from.... I would really think that if you unclipped the camera and root about you will find the plug for the light...

my rear view camera has the fitment for the oem light. are you sure your bulb hasnt just unclipped and sitting loose in the back of your bumper?

My ebay job camera would take the standard bulb/wire/connection but the fitment wasnt anywhere near as tight as the original fitment....

I would wager that the bulb/wire/connection has just come loose... if you lay on your back and look up through the back of the bumper the chances are you'll find you bulb and it will just be a case of clipping it back in.... worst case a new bulb then clip it in