Clutch issues, advice please

Mike46

So I have scoured the forum and seen a lot of posts about clutch / release bearing issues, would just like to check I have the same issue, or if anything else is on its way out.

Basically when im stationary, in neutral, foot off clutch, I get a constant rubbing noise, wouldnt describe it as a ratttling noise really. But when I push down the clutch it stops.

I have seen on the forum people saying this is the release bearing and its normal, but some people describe it as a rattling noise and some as a rubbing noise, is this all the same issue?

Also the biting point seems to be very low on the pedal and while in a traffic jam for over an hour yesterday I was getting the smell of burning clutch. Im guessing this is a seperate issue? More likely the whole clutch assembly?

Any help appreciated!

Oh okay, that's reassuring!

Is the low biting point on the pedal normal aswell?

mines is really high but I expect that's because it's wearing out tbh. Urs sounds like it was replaced recently. I wouldn't worry about it too much as the zed clutch will start slipping once its done.