Front Washer WORKING now (thank you), Rear Washer NOT working!!

larsdowg

Hi all,

I have searched for an issue I had with my Front windscreen washers, and have fixed it thanks to reading some great posts, ended up being the non-return valve which seems to be a common issue people are having.

I was wondering if anyone can help though as I cannot find anything to help me fix my rear washer issue.

The front issue was I could hear the motor going but not fluid, so was clear it couldnt be the pump or the fuse.

However the rear one, I cannot hear the motor going, so it might be the motor or the fuse??

Can anyone help me locate the fuses for the front and rear washers or are they the same? I can't seem to find them in the fuse box next to the battery or the one in the footwell.

Any help appreciated, :blush:

Many thanks

Larsdowg

• 3 weeks later...

Take your rear window wiper off and coat your window with rainex, problem solved :)

hmmm thanks ;)

I was looking for a guide or possibly a trouble shooting section.......... I will check ALL the fuses as I don't know the location of the rear and front fuses or even if there is one.

Might be the motor I suppose for the back.

MOT coming up, but don't think rear wiper wash not working is a fail anyway? If so I will remove it until I can fix it.

Have you checked the connections of the rear screen motor as these can get pretty corroded and a clean up with a small wire brush (or stiff toothbrush) and a spray with WD40 might get you going again. This worked on my S14. I'll have a look in the workshop manual to see if it says what fuse belongs to what electrical part. If I have some joy I'll pm you.

Have you checked the connections of the rear screen motor as these can get pretty corroded and a clean up with a small wire brush (or stiff toothbrush) and a spray with WD40 might get you going again. This worked on my S14. I'll have a look in the workshop manual to see if it says what fuse belongs to what electrical part. If I have some joy I'll pm you.

Thanks, I will strip this down at the weekend if I get a change and update you/the forum if I'm successful.

Thanks also for the PM much appreciated