Help wanted to make flat paint better by hand

Crb

Hi guys, since I've owned my zed I don't think I've looked after a car so much in my life... To be honest I think I'm becoming obsessed lol.....

Anyway... I've recently had the front end sprayed and I'm well happy with it But now the rear end is looking a little flat compared to the front (which I fully expected).

Does anyone have any tips on making the rear look as good as the front by hand or should I look into getting it professionally polished.

Currently I've Clayed, polished (t-cut colour seal) then waxed (dodo juice orange crush) but I'm not sure if im using the right products or if I should be doing something else. The paint feels lovely and smooth but just a little flat.

Firstly, you'll be limited in the finish you can get by hand because it's difficult to get any real correction without a machine, however you can still get a decent finish by hand.

Start by ditching the T-Cut for some proper polish - I recommend Menz Super Finish (85RE/SF4000) which can be worked well by hand, although I'm sure others will have their own preferences. Also I'd recommend a glaze before the wax, either Poorboys Black Hole or White Diamond depending on the colour of your car (I'm assuming it's the red one in your avatar?).

I'd say that's the minimum to get a decent finish, but there's a number of other steps you could add to improve on this depending on how deep your pockets are...

Firstly, you'll be limited in the finish you can get by hand because it's difficult to get any real correction without a machine, however you can still get a decent finish by hand.

Start by ditching the T-Cut for some proper polish - I recommend Menz Super Finish (85RE/SF4000) which can be worked well by hand, although I'm sure others will have their own preferences. Also I'd recommend a glaze before the wax, either Poorboys Black Hole or White Diamond depending on the colour of your car (I'm assuming it's the red one in your avatar?).

I'd say that's the minimum to get a decent finish, but there's a number of other steps you could add to improve on this depending on how deep your pockets are...

I'd read through this - excellent guide with some good recommendations not only on product but technique

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6187

My own personal view would be use something like Dodo Lime Prime by hand, followed by a filler heavy glaze like Prima Amigo (or Black hole) and then a wax (oilier than a sealant).

I'd read through this - excellent guide with some good recommendations not only on product but technique

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6187

My own personal view would be use something like Dodo Lime Prime by hand, followed by a filler heavy glaze like Prima Amigo (or Black hole) and then a wax (oilier than a sealant).

So use the lime prime first to remove all the old wax?

Should I re clay it then ??

Thanks for helping out a detailing noob

Don't worry about re-claying if done recently.

Lime Prime will remove everything and polish the paint - work it for a while, until almost 'clear' on the paint, then remove. When you're happy with the finish, apply your chosen glaze. Then your wax or sealant.