Going to see a car

Zazz

Hi guys, I'm going to see a car soon, now the sellers mentioned to me that the car comes with warranty, but to transfer the warranty to me, Nissan apparently need a full check from RAC to make sure that the car is in good order for the warranty to still be valid. can someone shed some light as if this is right, also the seller mentioned it may cost me a rough £100 for this check up from RAC.

another strange thing is that tho the car has done 18,700 miles, seller has mentioned he has had no problems with the (tyre feathering, rear axle clicking,bose head unit probs) he is the 3rd owner, 2nd owner being Nissan and 1st owner someone who sold the car to Nissan, does this sound strange?

also any tips would be handy when checking the car :thumbs:

(I'v read the FAQ's)

I can't see why they would make you pay £100 to the RAC, surely this is for a vehicle inspection .

Also the sequence of owners doesn't seem right, i could see it being owned by Nissan GB, then two private owners but surely Nissan wouldn't buy a car from a private individual.

Also, i'd check the tread depths as i would of thought 18K on original tyres would be pushing it, partiularly on the rear

Surely the warranty is on the vehicle not on the owner, i haven't heard anyone mention warranty transfer costing anything

Thats what exactly thought, guess i will speak with him face to face when i see the car.

I can't see why they would make you pay £100 to the RAC, surely this is for a vehicle inspection .

Also the sequence of owners doesn't seem right, i could see it being owned by Nissan GB, then two private owners but surely Nissan wouldn't buy a car from a private individual.

Also, i'd check the tread depths as i would of thought 18K on original tyres would be pushing it, partiularly on the rear

He has mentioned that the tyres have been chaged to 'Michelen Pilot Sports Brand new 2500 mile ago'

I found this car on the 350z site, tho on there he has mentioned Nissan as the first owners, since looking at it again, he may have muddled up the order in which the owners where when i spoke with him on the phone.

I will give you the link so you guys can judge for yourselves

http://forums.DELETED.com/inde ... opic=12137

Looks nice in the pictures, but he says he has only had it since March this year, seems quite a quick decision to sell though he says he wants a house deposit.

Seems like Nissan were the first owners, so that checks out, If its had new tyres which aren't Bridgestones you shouldn't have the feathering problem, but worth asking about the other common faults and whether any of these have been done under warranty and also reviewing the service booklet, as it should have had a few services even though it has low mileage.

Also, i guess it has additional warranty from the dealer who sold it too him, so must be an approved car - might be worth getting the dealer details and checking with them directly on the details of the warranty, just to put your mind at rest

Also, run a HPI check to make sure its finance free and all the things check out.

Good luck :teeth:

Looks nice in the pictures, but he says he has only had it since March this year, seems quite a quick decision to sell though he says he wants a house deposit.

Seems like Nissan were the first owners, so that checks out, If its had new tyres which aren't Bridgestones you shouldn't have the feathering problem, but worth asking about the other common faults and whether any of these have been done under warranty and also reviewing the service booklet, as it should have had a few services even though it has low mileage.

Also, i guess it has additional warranty from the dealer who sold it too him, so must be an approved car - might be worth getting the dealer details and checking with them directly on the details of the warranty, just to put your mind at rest

Also, run a HPI check to make sure its finance free and all the things check out.

Good luck :teeth:

would they still have details of the car on there computers? Sorry I've never done this before, also would i need to take the seller and the car with me to the Nissan dealer to find out more abouts this car?

get the vin number, then go to service dept in any nissan dealer , tell them to check it on their computer, and they will either say

1. they dont have that number on the computer

2. yes, the reg is......., you have xxx left on your warranty etc.

i did it ;)