Scratched/scraped wheelarch

AndyC

Good news - I'm an idiot (this will come as no surprise to some of you) , a very p****d off one too.

I've managed to scrape my wheelarch this morning coming out of my garage :angry: . I can't bear to look closely and see how bad it is but from an initial look its through to metal in places but some of it may polish out. Its right at the bottom edge of the wheelarch.

Couple of questions:

(1) Is this the sort of thing Dentec/Chipsaway can sort and any idea how good a blend they may be able to get? I'm guessing as its at the edge of the panel it should be a bit easier???

(2) I accept that this is my own stupid fault, HOWEVER what are your thoughts on this: I live in a flat with a garage which is at ground level under the building. Theres not supposed to be any parking outside the building. 3 vans were parked across mine and the other garages. I thought I could squeeze out - I couldn't. So my question is - do you reckon its worth complaining to the company based on the fact that they shouldn't have been parked there?

Like I said, i accept this is due to my own stupidity and impatience but a couple of people have said to me that they'd write to the company to complain. What do you reckon?

To say I'm grumpy today is very much an understatement.

I know the feeling only too well! I did the same thing a little while ago.

(See my post called "Pranged it", not sure if this link will work? http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=)

Chipsaway quoted me about £400 to fix it, but I didn't go with them in the end as the sales 'duo' seemed a bit full of it. Went to the Nissan recommended body shop in Basingstoke in the end, they were fab for the same price and re-furbed the alloy wheel at the same time.

Have you taken any pics of the damage, or can't you bear to?

chipsaway or similar should sort it out :thumbs:

Worth having a moan to the company that owns the vans..you never know :)

Agreed. Chances are they'll tell you to booger off but they may well try and work something out with ya. Even if its just part of what it costs, its something :thumbs:

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much, I have very limited clearance getting mine out of the garage, maybe 7-10cm at each side.

For me, it's ony a matter of time I reckon :blush:

Have a word with the Dent guys, you'll be surprised what cn be removed/polished out!

10cm!! That would be bliss - i've got literally around 1-2cm by the mirrors!!!

Thanks for the words guys, I'm really mad at myself.

May think about having a word with the company but I don't know if I can be bothered. Seems like a lot of hard work.

Will give Chipsaway or someone a bell next week.

Cheers guys :thumbs: