Whine from rear - video

colindalton

Anyone help with this whine - i never really noticed it before a friend got into the car and mentioned it to me - could the diff oil possibly need changed - car has 89,000 miles and a full service history but i don't think this was ever changed - i had it since 66,000 2 years and i haven't changed it - any ideas welcome? Colin

• 3 weeks later...

Well it could just be the gear box whining. What year is the car? I only say this as I have a 2004 car that had a quiet gearbox with no whining. Unfortunately a synchro went and I got a rebuilt 2006 box put in. This box whines a lot in comparison, but I was told this is normal and that all the bearings had been changed on the box. Box was rebuilt by Abbey Motorsport, so I trust them and its been fine with no issues. They did put in Motul gear 300 oil in the gear box which might cause some noise compared with genuine Nissan oil. ave you had the gear box oil changed recently?

its a 2005 with 90,000miles and is due a service now - it has a full Nissan history but it doesn't mention that the gear box oil was ever changed - I think the best course is to change the gear oil and the diff oil? do you know what miles these are meant to be changed?? thanks for the help