RFID Starter (same as start button) wiring help.

cs2000

Hey all, got a project brewing and I just need a bit of help. I did plan on adding a start button for the car, however, ive come to the idea of RFID.

I have backed a ring on Kickstarter which has 2 RFID tags in it, and I have located a RFID access controller here https://dangerousthings.com/shop/125khz-em4200-access-controller/

My question is this. The controller needs in input of +12V and a ground this is easy, and when a recognised tag is head over the reader (which in the photo in the rounded black shape with the 4 feet) it outputs 12v on another line .

So, just think of the single 12V output. Im now figuring im going to need a regular 4 pin relay, so, the 12v from the RFID system above goes to Pin 85, Pin 86 is grounded, Pin 87 connects to the ignition wire and Pin 30 is connected to the starter wire, that look right?

4-pin-automotive-relay.jpg

Just need assistance finding out which is the starter and which is the ignition wire now. On the US forum, they mention two wire colours, but im betting they're different in the UK, but the location should be the same right? Ive drawn the connector below, the central pin ive labled I as I believe this is the ignition wire, so this would connect to relay Pin 87, and the one to the left labled S should be the starter, this would connect to relay Pin 30

___|-----|___

|___|_I_|_S_|

|___|___|___|

Edited by cs2000