Bedding New Rotors/Pads?

hyeung

Hi,

Had a new set of rotors and pads fitted last week (DBA 4000 T3 + Ferodo DS2500).

The garage had started the bedding process, but gave them a gentle use over the first week anyways.

Over the weekend, carried out some of the common bed in procedures along the lines of -

8 consecutive firm 60-20 declerations (was aiming to do 10, but traffic appeared from behind). So drove for 20mins to cool things off. Stopped and had a quick look over the rotors, and proceed to do a further 10 consecutive 60-20 decelerations followed by 3-4 80-20; and without stopping drove for about 30mins to cool things off without touching the brakes.

I presume the brakes will take a good number of further miles to bed in completely. Anyways I need to check if this rotor wear looks normal on my front passenger side? I've noticed there's a dark banding around the centre of the rotor. Is this something to be concerned about, and will this resolve itself as the rotors wear and bed-in over the street miles to come?

Edited by hyeung

I don't think I plan to carry out any more bed-in cycles. In the second cycle I barely noticed any fade at all...

I just hoped that my bed in procedure was correct as like I said, notice a strange darkish banding around one of the front rotors as shown in the above snaps. It's abit more obvious when viewed in person.

I got the impression that this is just build up of pad material? Maybe that it was not laid on evenly across the entire surface of the rotor? Not sure why or how? Which maybe due to incorrect bed in procedures?

Anyone advise on snaps above? Or it it nothing to be concerned about, as it should resolve over time and further wear?

Thanks,

Hung