shell petrol

stuey

You are mad! Really you should be using 97 plus in the 350, make it run so much better

To be honest, i've ran on 95 at times...... (not for a long time) and you don't really notice the difference. THere is a % power output loss. its in one of the faqs, but will run ok on 95......

You are mad! Really you should be using 97 plus in the 350, make it run so much better

To be honest, i've ran on 95 at times...... (not for a long time) and you don't really notice the difference. THere is a % power output loss. its in one of the faqs, but will run ok on 95......

so can you always top up with 95? will it not cause any damage as i thought it was not recommended as it can cause problems?

so can you always top up with 95? will it not cause any damage as i thought it was not recommended as it can cause problems?

It'll never cause damage!! It's just that to get the most out of a sports car, they recommend you use a higher octane fuel. :)

i will try it and see if it goes any better........ :)

You will probably notice a more responsive pickup on throttle etc.... but will need a couple of tanks prob for the ECU to respond.

Been lots of reviews in things like Evo as well, where certain Supers are better for different things, so might be worthwhile seeing the difference for a couple of tanks of optimax, Tescos, BP etc..... :thumbs:

Tesco super is 99RON (depending on which supermarket). That's what I've been putting in for the last 6 months. Not too expensive either.

Always felt that my exhaust pipes have been quite sooty after using the tesco stuff.

Tesco super is 99RON (depending on which supermarket). That's what I've been putting in for the last 6 months. Not too expensive either.

Thought ALL Tesco super was 99 RON> Its just whether they do super or not?

is that what you mean Monkfish?

Thought ALL Tesco super was 99 RON> Its just whether they do super or not?

is that what you mean Monkfish?

No mate, Tesco super is either 97 or 99 depending where you are geographically. Had this discussion with Jim (I think) a wee while back. He produced a list from somewhere that told you which Tesco branches stocked the 99RON. :thumbs:

I got to drive 400 miles in a Ferrari 550 at the weekend and the owner told me to use 95 ron. Admittedly it was an older car than the zed and a V12, but at over £100 to fill it up, I was happy to accept a little less on the performance front.

That's a F430 and a 550 in 2 months, but the zed is still staying! :p

I've used both in the type R and noticed absolutely no difference whatsoever in performance, even after consistently filling up with BP Ultimate several times in a row. I did get more miles out of it but not enough to make up for the extra cost.

I got to drive 400 miles in a Ferrari 550 at the weekend and the owner told me to use 95 ron. Admittedly it was an older car than the zed and a V12, but at over £100 to fill it up, I was happy to accept a little less on the performance front.

That's a F430 and a 550 in 2 months, but the zed is still staying! :p

wot do you do for a job then....??